Tuesday, March 10, 2009

some list

my to do list:

1. stop buying clothes. or any other things that i don't need.
2. start saving money. be smart, emily!
3. read the book portnoy's complaint by philip roth. a good friend gave it to me, so it would be nice to give it back to him soon, so he's not missing it too much.
4. continue to work out more
5. eat sensibly and healthily
6. put my guitar up for sale on craigslist
7. go to NYC and visit will
8. finish watching all of seinfeld
9. focus more on school. fucking art history...
10. possibly change my "major" from fine art to liberal arts... i'm not excited about fine arts. at all.
11. go to toronto
12. explore and experience
13. do these things on this list.

the weakerthans are perfect right now. my best friend is home for spring break. fuck, i've missed her.

2 comments:

  1. Emily,

    I went through To Do List number 10. I don't want to discourage you from fine arts, but in all honesty, for me it began to slowly chip away at the passion I had for it. Maybe you could do an art minor- that's what I ended up doing- you're still a part of the art thang but you can then step outside and away from it and be a part of something else. I know we are different people, and I possibly felt entirely different emotions, but I just wanted to say that you are not boxed in- Don't ever let yourself be satisfied with something you feel in your stomach may not be right(easier to say then do, we know this from experience).

    love,
    colleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) thank you, Colleen! You have certainly eased my uneasiness. I definitely like art, but just not enough to keep at it in school. I chose it because MCC's photo program isn't the best photo program (and RIT is too expensive), and I like art, too. Probably not the smartest idea..

    ReplyDelete